Tuesday, July 29, 2008


I was in invited this past weekend by a friend to stay at his house in Southhampton, and now I am all inspired to get domestic. Him and his boyfriend made delicious food, had a beautiful garden, and don't get me started on the cottage. I didn't want to leave the pool in the yard. At night after dinner I came across Slim Aaron's Poolside book, and am kind of obsessed with the imagery. Like the forward mentions, the pictures were taken in a time when people didn't have a care in the world, and tanning, drinking, and smoking came with no health warnings, nor did spontaneous romantic rendevous. Even if these people did have a care in the world, Aarons did a good job at hiding that from his lense. The women were so glamorous, fully made up to lounge at the pool, with their hair all done up and their giant sunglasses and scarves on their heads. I love it!!

4 comments:

loveology said...

Yes! I Love that too. Less worries...

Sounds like you had a great weekend... ;)

Rich Hippie said...

you've got a wonderfule blog here!

SASHA said...

that time period for me evokes repression. todd haynes' far from heaven. i think the clothing can be so good and intense and perfect because people had to hide so much beneath it. it was such an interesting time and role for clothes, to be sure.

kate jean said...

i finally found a vintage swim cap the other day at a flea market but havent been game to actually use it...beautiful image and so is your blog
x