Sunday, November 11, 2007

Book Review #11: Hand Job: A Catalog of Type


I picked up this book at my local bookstore McNally's, and I love it. Its pretty much a collection of hand created type in alphabetical order by designer. I was so inspired I went to Pearls with an almost depleted bank account and bought myself a ton of supplies to start making stuff, an exacto knife, cuttingmat, tracing paper, watercolor paper, really nice watercolors (30% off!) micron pens, a pica ruler, mechanical pencils, brushes, thumbtacks, the works...so I'm trying to finish up some projects so I can start doing my own thing. My workspace is looking a little more professional now hehe. Work is good, I'm actually getting to work on some cool things for Balenciaga and CK and some other stuff so we'll see.

5 comments:

Fenke said...

This book is on my wishlist, too. now i want it even more, since i read your review.

Bobble Bee said...

Hello! i realized that you didn't add your email in your profile so i couldn't send you an email regarding the copy of Paris Vogue... mine is patri.le.crayon@gmail.com

thanks again ! :)

Bobble Bee said...

Que la pases bien rico estas fiestas en Miami, and let's meet again when you're back!
Happy holidays :)

Anonymous said...

i love this book - my boyfriend got it a little while ago - i cant stop looking at it - i definately recommend it:)

Anonymous said...

i love this book - my boyfriend got it a little while ago - i cant stop looking at it - i definately recommend it:)