Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Love


I have a new favorite in the neighborhood. A Detacher on Mott St. is the name and the product of Mona Kowalska. She designs the clothes after designing in Europe, including once running the design studio of Sonia Rykiel (another love of mine). Anyway, she opened up shop in Nolita in 1998, and the store is pretty much what I would want my apartment to look like. She marries modern with romance and keeps it simple. I go in once a week to spy on a pair of heels that are on sale, but completely out of my league. I also go for interior inspiration, I would move in given the opportunity, its a very cosy store. The clothes is casual but chic, comfty yet architectural, and the fabrics are ultra luxe. The logo is nice too, hot pink!

The shop clerk, can you sort of make out the space, you can't see it so well....

No comments: